1. Introduction and Commitment
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) under our control. This includes any information gathered as a result of client engagements, marketing and/or any other communications.
2. Identifying Purposes
We collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
2.1 For Business Purposes:
We only collect Personal Information if it relates directly to an engagement in order to provide the requested services.
The purposes for which we collect Personal Information will be identified before or at the time we collect the information. In certain circumstances, the purposes for which we collect information may be clear, and consent implied, such as when name, address or payment information is provided as part of the onboarding process.
2.2 For Marketing Purposes:
We may use Personal Information to offer personalized advice or services or to send promotional emails. We will only send promotional emails if you have specifically agreed to receive them. For example, you have indicated you would like information regarding a particular service after a webinar.
We collect and analyze data about web traffic and visits to our website, in order to help us understand how users utilize our website, further develop our service offerings and improve our website.
2.3 For Hiring Purposes:
We use Personal Information to identify job applicants, evaluate job applications and to contact applicants as needed.
3. Collection of Personal Information
3.1 Limiting Collection
Any Personal Information collected will be limited to the details necessary for the purposes identified by us.
3.2 How and When Information is Collected
We collect Personal Information that is:
1. Given to us directly. For example, when we receive an email with a request for services or a job application, during registration for webinars and training sessions and from online forms completed on our website
2. From third party sources. This includes:
· Our service providers for web analytics or ads;
· Databases made publicly available by third parties;
· Website/social media pages containing information made public by you;
· Service providers that perform criminal background checks, as part of our hiring process;
· Service providers for sanctions screening as part of our hiring and client onboarding due diligence;
Cookies are files that a website automatically creates and stores on a user’s computer to collect information about web browsing activities. Only when a user sets up a user profile, and logs in, are those activities matched to the profile using cookies. We may do so to know what your interests are, and to promote services that may be more relevant to you.
Our website creates cookies that personalize our website, subscriptions and emails for you or recognize you the next time you visit our website.
You may change your Internet browser settings to prevent your computer from accepting cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you may decline its acceptance. Please note, however, if you disable cookies, you may not experience optimal performance of our website.
We also use Google Ads, and other third-party cookies for marketing purposes. These allow us to analyze how well our ads perform for a specific user. Google Analytics makes the data anonymous by removing part of the IP address. Any cookies used by Google Analytics to collect data expire two years after the last time a user visits our website.
3.3 Types of Information Collected
Personal Information. Personal Information is information that is about an identifiable individual. This may include:
· Contact information such as: name, address, email, date of birth, Identification;
· Habits and preferences information: data relating to the use of services such as website pages viewed, region a user is in, date, time and length website pages were viewed, Adwords used and references from which websites, applications or social media a user was directed, searches, and interactions with us;
· Education and employment information: as may be obtained in a resume, interview notes or reference checks;
4. Storage and Use and Communication of Personal Information
4.1 Limiting Use
Personal Information may only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless express consent is granted, or when it is required or permitted by law.
Personal information will not be sold to a third party.
Where our service providers need access to your Personal Information, they are only permitted to do so to provide services on our behalf.
4.2 Limiting Communication
Personal Information is only shared with employees or representatives and service providers for their work or for the reasons why we collected the information in the first place.
We use service providers for the following:
· Conducting web analytics;
· Processing payments and collections;
· Advertising our services;
· Managing email delivery;
· Processing background checks;
· Performing sanctions screening;
· Distributing useful content;
· Marketing events and webinars.
5. Storage of Personal Information
We use third party service providers to store and process Personal Information. In most cases, servers are located in Canada. In all cases, we take all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from any loss or unauthorized use, access or disclosure.
Personal Information will be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
Personal Information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it or as may be required by law.
6. Consent and Openness
Knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information except where required or permitted by law.
Whenever consent has been specifically given, it can also be revoked at any time. However, the decision not to provide certain information may limit our ability to provide services. We will not require consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information as a condition to the supply of a service, except as required to be able to supply the service.
Consent can be limited in the following ways
1. An email to the address below to revoke consent;
2. Requesting to be removed from upcoming webinar list, or newsletter subscriptions;
3. Disabling cookies;
Upon request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, and will be given access to it. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, we will not disclose certain information to you. For example, we may not disclose information relating to you if other individuals are referenced or if there are legal, security or commercial proprietary restrictions.